Getting Chiropractic Care in Peckville to Treat a Concussion
Many people with a concussion do not seek treatment. This failure to seek treatment denies them remedies to their condition and makes them suffer from concussion symptoms.
DePietro Chiropractic & Wellness can offer the chiropractic care you need to treat your concussion. A respected chiropractor, Dr. Anthony DePietro, leads our Peckville facility. We can help you treat your concussion and eliminate its symptoms.
What Is a Concussion?
A concussion is a type of TBI (traumatic brain injury) caused by rapid motion that forces the brain to move back and forth rapidly. The unnatural abrupt movement can damage the brain, changing its chemical or cellular level.
Symptoms of a Concussion
You may have a concussion if you experience these symptoms.
- Sensitivity to noise and light
- Sleep issues
- Head pressure
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Confusion/mental fogginess
- Uncontrollable fatigue
- Blurry vision
- Slurred speech
- Trouble forming verbal responses
- Memory loss, particularly losing memories surrounding the occurrence that caused the injury
- Personality changes and mood swings
- Lack of concentration
- Problems with smell and taste
Physical symptoms of a concussion show up right away, but cognitive ones may take hours, days, or weeks to appear. These signs can persist for extended periods, resulting in the patient having post-concussion syndrome (PCS). PCS's symptoms may fade and reappear in response to stress.
Chiropractic Care for Concussions
Chiropractors have a slightly different approach to concussions than other medical professionals, as they address all the peripheral issues caused by a concussion. Chiropractic care gets to the root cause of the concussion — dysfunction in the nervous and musculoskeletal systems.
Chiropractic care for concussion involves these steps.
- Initial Visit: This step involves your chiropractor getting a better understanding of your condition and answering any questions you may have. You will need to share your medical history, symptoms, and any medications you are using.
- Physical Exam: This assessment involves various exercises and tests meant to ascertain your condition's severity and causes.
- Forming a Treatment Plan: The chiropractor will develop the best treatment course depending on your medical history and the assessments' findings. The plan may involve manual manipulation, spinal decompression, and physical therapy. You may also need an adjustment to realign your vertebral misalignments.
DePietro Chiropractic & Wellness Can Treat Your Concussion
DePietro Chiropractic & Wellness offers expert chiropractic care. Our team of specialists can help you stay healthy and fit to address various pains and motion issues.
We can treat your concussion. A chiropractor in our Peckville center will examine your condition, determine its causes, and recommend the best treatment option to help you get better.